The Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legion

We of The Legion stand together, united in our common goal to defend one another, enjoy ourselves and thrive.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm

Questions about your gaming life :D

Go down 
+7
Laith
bamm44
Intrepid
Liesell
Lord Oden
Neithan
Loweasy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Loweasy

Questions about your gaming life :D Empty
PostSubject: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:03 am

Just curious as to what games everyone plays and what interests you have Very Happy

I play many many games , well use to anyways before a job got in the way of that! But I play the Playstation 3 a lot and various CPU games.

Some of you probably wont know any of these games but im going to post them anyways Razz

CPU:
SC
Diablo 2
C&C
WC3

PS3:
MW2 (my favorite)
Red Dead Redemption

I also play many facebook games :
Farmville
Mafia Wars
Pot Farm
Warstorm
Frontierville
Back to top Go down
Neithan
Admin
Neithan

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:31 am

Oh man, this is almost going to be sad here. Long story short, I've been a gamer for a long time. I was barely three when I was playing the Atari 5200. I started on Jungle Hunt, could barely make it to the second stage for the longest, but it was the first game I recall clearly playing. I wasn't any good at pacman, I preferred to watch my brother play and I'd cheer him on.

Anyway, I graduated to the Nintendo not long after, and got hooked. It wasn't long before I was hooked on them, being the first on my block (or in my class) to pass most games. It was a thrill to be the first to beat a game back then, now the net's kind of killed that a bit.

Anyway, let's see, games? I've played nearly all the old Nintendo games (and I mean ALL of them...I used emulators and caught a ton I'd missed) and all but a handful of SNES games. I won't advocate Emulators however, but if you do, you can spend FOREVER just playing old games.

For now, I haven't gotten back into playing videogames as much. They take up too much time, and what time I do have I usually use to play KoC while doing odds and ends online.

PC:
Civ 4 (don't have 5 yet)
Stronghold (the original, Crusaders, Stronghold 2)

Wii:
Smash Brothers Brawl
Mario Kart

X360:
GTA series
Fable 2
Gears of War series
Call of Duty (mainly Nazi Zombie killing mini-game)
Civilization Revolution
Mass Effect

iPhone
Haypi Kingdom
Zenonia
G1Awakening
GDSwarm

Mafia wars (not so much)
Castle Age (not so much anymore either)
Farmville (for when KoC is in fog)
Urbandead.com (text based game...it has ZOMBIES!)
Back to top Go down
https://thelegion.editboard.com
Lord Oden
The Leadership
The Leadership
Lord Oden

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:00 pm

I was all about Amega and then later PC games, only really played 'smackdown' and Mortak Kombat on platforms.

On the PC it was all about Civ and Command & Conquer.
Back to top Go down
Neithan
Admin
Neithan

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:57 pm

I got into C&C for a while, it was fun beating up on the Hand of Nod, but I did like their flame tanks. Never got back into it, PC requirements were getting higher and higher and it was tough to keep that built up and still buy games, a console and games, etc. Oh if I had money to spare
Back to top Go down
Loweasy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 am

C&C Is my jam! I bought the whole collection like a month ago its awesome Razz
Back to top Go down
Liesell

PostSubject: GAMES oh yeah....   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Not enough time to play games anymore Sad

Early days (80's/90's) ultima, elite etc - in the days before colour monitors...

PC
SIMS SIMS SIMS (1 and 2 - never loaded three, too scared about time loss lol)
Various dungeon sieges
Baldurs gate etc...
Quake (I suck at FPS tho)

PS/PS2
Many final fantasies
both balders gate games (2 person co-op awesome fun)
Tekkens
Early tomb raiders

XB360
Guitar heros
Fable/2
Oblivion
Prototype (suck at this, too meh)

DS
Pokemon games (I know, I know lolll)

These days, FB is as far as i get mostly. NEVER played any big online WoW etc. as i know I would become one of those pale, sickly creatures which works and games - no good. SIGH - would love to have a go, but can't take the risk, eh?

Smile

Back to top Go down
Neithan
Admin
Neithan

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:27 am

Oh yes, one of my many worries is getting into one of those MMROPGs like WoW. The thing I hate is that those truly belong to the obssesive grinders that will sit there leveling up for ten hours. I hear it's still a rather social game, but it sounds like too much. Had a friend who was playing FFXI and that was similar to it, and I saw that it was kind of bad.

I love how open ended games have become though, but I do worry that there is a massive trade off between large games and bugs that kill the experience. While I do enjoy the great graphics of modern games, I still had tons of fun playing the old school Final Fantasies in 8-bit pixels. The modern graphics creates a new atmosphere though, but I still want gameplay that makes me come back.

I've given console games a break, this camelot game takes up enough time as it is actually. I've had to pretty much ignore other games, like the Mafia Wars and Castle Age ones I used to play.
Back to top Go down
Intrepid

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:13 pm

been playing forever, started out on pong, quickly went on to Donkey Kong, PAC Man, and then my favorite Zelda

Now that I am retired KOC takes up most of my game time.
Back to top Go down
bamm44

PostSubject: Questions about your gaming    Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:46 am

I use to have a lot of time to play games and my favorite of all times is 007 on nintendo 64 I would play that game for hours on end! me and my nephew would play against each other and see who could kill the other one it was great! now I work a lot of the time and any spare time I have I am feeding my troops on KOC.

I do play mario on WII with my grandson he is 5 and will run circles around me on that game but we have fun playing it! any other spare time i have when he is around we build with legos he always makes me build the castles and he builds the guns.LOL

the rest of my time is spent working! Have a Great Day ! bam Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pochels.com
Loweasy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:34 am

they are coming out with a new 007 i forget for what system probably the xbox but i saw the previews it looks awesome
Back to top Go down
Laith
The Leadership
The Leadership

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 am

I have tried many of the facebook games but gave them up for KOC. I really don't play many other video games any more. One of my all time Fav's is Phantasy Star Very Happy I also love all of the Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda games. Also you can't go wrong with Mario Kart!! I also like the different Rock bands, but I like to sing, which I'll do loudly and horribly.

I have never gotten into WOW, I'm afraid to even start, my brother in law and sister in law play and they are on there all the time. I don't need another addiction! lol
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:49 pm

well i m going to keep this short
i hate WoW it sucks
runescape much beter am completly adicted
KoC love this game am adicted to as well
i no longer own a ps2 but when i did i play ffxii beat it and played it some more
but other than that well like i said short... geek
Back to top Go down
DeviousWraith

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm totally giving away my age when I mention that I've been playing Dungeons & Dragons since the game first came out as "Chainmail" in '75. I was four, and dad taught me how to be a DM. I also have fond memories of playing Pitfall, and Adventure on the Atari 2600 (Yeah that's old), and I also owned a Pong machine.

Nowadays:

PC

World of Warcraft
Dungeons & Dragons Online

XBOX 360

Fallout 3
Halflife 2
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead
LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth
Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and Reach
F.E.A.R. 1, and 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dead Rising

The list could go on for DAYS.
Back to top Go down
TeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:34 am

Long time gamer...got hooked playing games when I started a BBS way back when on a 2 5 1/4 floppy 8086 system and a 300 baud modem. After a few upgrades, to system and modem , my online gaming addiction was in full bloom when I subscribed to the Sierra Network...later renamed to the Imagination Network when AT&T bought out Sierra. Ahhh the good old days....$229.00 a month for unlimited game time (not to mention phone charges if you weren't local to a game hub). I laugh when I hear complaints of monthly costs nowadays. That's where I dsicovered RPG gaming. After INN closed down, I bounced around beta testing and playing many online RPG games, Everquest, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call II, World of Warcraft to name a few. I stopped playing WoW after 5 years of playing when the game became to much for my system to run. I then turned to the Civilization series...I still can not get the hang of playing that game. Now, I'm on FB playing a few games... KoC, Farmville, Cafe World, World's End, Viking Clan...

Back to top Go down
Needy

PostSubject: Gaming Life - wow   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Let see, I prefer PC games the most.

More in to deep strategy type games.

Have played all the Civilizations Series to-date.

Have played all the Close Combat Series.

And tons and tons of warfare games.

Favorites I still play to relax,

Close Combat - The Russian Front.
Civilization V - ( Not liking it to much right now )
Hearts of Iron 3
Axis and Allies by Atari - Not the dice version.
Transport Tycoon
The Silent Service 2

I have Xbox, Xbox360 but rarely play on it.

Was big into Tradewars BBS type game for those who remember the dial up days. Range the 4th largest Active BBS in Missouri during the peak. 5 Phones Lines dedicated to just my PC's.

Back to top Go down
DeviousWraith

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:24 pm

How could I forget the board games!!??

Every holiday season (Thanksgiving, and then Christmas/New years) my friends would unite for a MASSIVE Axis & Allies tourney, RISK Tourney, and of course a Chess Tourney.

Good time. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeviousWraith

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:25 pm

And of course Othello, Go, Mastermind, and Mancala.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:30 am

DeviousWraith wrote:
And of course Othello, Go, Mastermind, and Mancala.
dud i love mancala Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about your gaming life :D   Questions about your gaming life :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about your gaming life :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Legion :: The Tavern :: The Three Arrows-
Jump to: