The Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legion

We of The Legion stand together, united in our common goal to defend one another, enjoy ourselves and thrive.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm

Book Lists

Go down 
+2
Neithan
Laith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laith
The Leadership
The Leadership

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Book Lists   Book Lists Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 am

Okay so when I'm not playing on here, doing craft projects or something else in the little spare time my girls (ages 4 and 16 months) let me have, I do like reading a good book. I'm always looking for new ones to add to my list, hopefully they just don't stay on the list forever though lol.

So if you have a good one you liked post it here Smile Thanks!!

Some of my fav

The Pern series, by Anne McCaffrey
Valdemar series, by Mercedes Lacky
Paksenarrion series, by Elizabeth Moon
Crown of Stars, by Kate Elliot
Back to top Go down
Neithan
Admin
Neithan

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Lists   Book Lists Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:14 am

Well I am a big fan of many fantasy novels, though I've read many MANY books over the years. I really like the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind and there are other authors that are good. George R.R. Martin is a good author.

I must say though, that Goodkind fell off in his writing as time went on. The first two books were great, but then he began to incorporate more and more of his personal views into it. For anyone who's read the books, they might have noticed that, basically Goodkind became a mouthpiece of Ayn Rand's views.

There's another book you should read if you haven't. It's a long read, and may take a while, but it's something you'd read if you were in a good english class. Read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged or Fountainhead. Either one will do, they each expouse her views on life. Not everyone's cup of tea, but still.

For other authors, to expand your horizons, try reading Isabel Allende, Daughter of Fortune was well written. Few people read outside their standard set of books. It'll often be popular authors, but I'm trying to list some different ones here.

I know this is long, but I really like Dean Koontz at times. Whimsical characters, great imagery. For comedy, try reading the stuff by Terry Pratchett, great stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://thelegion.editboard.com
Lord Oden
The Leadership
The Leadership
Lord Oden

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Lists   Book Lists Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:34 am

Wish I had the lists you have, simply the only books I read now are for work :-(

However my fav book of all time is Treasure Island.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Fagin

Lord_Fagin

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Book List   Book Lists Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:58 am

Love suspense/horror.

The obvious ones are Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Richard Laymon, Clive Barker and James Herbert but for some reason I absolutely adore an English author called Guy N Smith.
Back to top Go down
Liesell

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Lists   Book Lists Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Hello,

Love David Eddings - Belgariad and the mallorean series (5 books each) with Belgarth the sorcerer and then polgara the sorceres to read when you're done (ties up all loose ends)

Pern books are fabulous. ALso have a lot of stuff written by Alan Dean Foster.

Also Love Jane Austen, Bill Bryson travel books (so funny), Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear presenter - hilarious), The Harry Pottter books, Charlaine Harris' true blood books are great, too.

i have many many many books - mainly classics/Travel/History and sci-fi-fantasy genres

Just read 'The name of the wind' by Patrick Rothfuss - it is BRILLIANT, i heartily recommend it.

Smile L
Back to top Go down
Neithan
Admin
Neithan

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Lists   Book Lists Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:18 am

Hmm, I forgot all about Drizzt! R.A. Salvatore had more than just that character though, he's got a lot of books under his belt. I keep forgetting to read more often, seems I spend more time playing a certain game than I should.

I shall remedy that by merely lurking in game while I read a book.
Back to top Go down
https://thelegion.editboard.com
bamm44

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: books    Book Lists Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 am

well I know its kinda boring but when i read I only read tech manuals and wireing schematics on how to fix things like appliances or cars. other than that i havnt picked up a book since college. but I do have to read the tech manuals on a regular basis to keep up with whats going on! bam sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.pochels.com
Laith
The Leadership
The Leadership

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Lists   Book Lists Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 am

Another one i liked is the Sherwood Smith, Inda series. It takes a bit to get into, half to read about half the 1st book before it starts to get really good, but the second book is great. There are pirates and warfare! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Book Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Lists   Book Lists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Lists
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Legion :: The Tavern :: The Three Arrows-
Jump to: