The Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legion

We of The Legion stand together, united in our common goal to defend one another, enjoy ourselves and thrive.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm

Random Thought Pt. 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Firecrotch/Classy

Random Thought Pt. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Random Thought Pt. 3   Random Thought Pt. 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:23 am

Why is it that people never seem to know what they want. We are very indecisive. We will ask for one thing, but once we have it we generally decide we want something else. Don't get me wrong, it is good to always be aspiring to something, but it is equally important appreciate what we have as well. For example you go to the restaurant with a few friends and after pouring over the menu for a while you pick an item, but once all the food arrives you look at the stuff all your friends have in front of them and start wishing you had perhaps ordered that instead. I'm not saying it happens all the time, just shockingly frequently. Another example is going to university for several years to study something we wanna plan our life around, then before we even finish we change to something else. Change is good and in some cases important, I'm just saying it's odd how we can never really decide what we want and constantly change it. As a final example; guys and girls will lament about how they cant find the right person for them and will confide in friends saying "why can't i find someone like you", but then not give said person a chance, or once they find a person like that they decide they would rather have someone else.

Imagine how different life would be if people could actually figure out what they really wanted and go for it. Once again not saying you stop at just one goal, but that you don't throw away what you have to achieve something new, rather appreciating what one has and continuing on to achieve more (add to rather than replace)...and no I'm not saying add multiple boyfriends/girlfriends :-p
Back to top Go down
Needy

PostSubject: Random Thought PT. 3   Random Thought Pt. 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 am

I think you might be overlooking the fact that Humans will never be satisfied fully which is needed in order to make advancement. Once we as a race are satisfied, then we no longer have inventions, development, and inspiration.

Hmm, that almost makes sense to me, back for another beer.
Back to top Go down
Lady Firecrotch/Classy

PostSubject: Re: Random Thought Pt. 3   Random Thought Pt. 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:30 am

Thats why i aimed to make it clear that we should always be aspiring for more, but appreciating what we have. Too often we get something then throw it away while we go for the next thing. Why not appreciate what we have and seek to add to it. For example, get the PS3 but still enjoy the original nintendo. No need to throw out one system just because you got a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thought Pt. 3   Random Thought Pt. 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thought Pt. 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Legion :: The Tavern :: The Three Arrows-
Jump to: